March 21-22, 2019
Certified Hematology & Oncology Coder (CHONC) Workshop & Exam
Walsh College - Troy, MI
3838 Livernois Road
Troy, MI 48007
Driving Directions to Walsh College
MSHO will once again partner with the American Association of Professional Coding (AAPC) to offer a workshop for member oncology billers and coders interested in obtaining their Certified Hematology Oncology Coder (CHONC) Certification. The workshop will take place on March 21, 2019 and the CHONC exam will be administered the following day, March 22nd. Both the course and exam will be held at the Walsh College in Troy.
The CHONC Workshop and Exam is reserved for MSHO Members in a clinical setting.
This workshop and exam will cover:
- Ability to read and abstract physician office notes and operative notes to apply correct ICD-10-CM, CPT, HCPCS Level II and modifier coding assignments
- Evaluation and Management (both 1995 and 1997 Documentation Guidelines)
- Rules and regulations of Medicare billing including (but not limited to) incident to, teaching situations, shared visits, consultations, Local Coverage Determinations (LCD), National Coverage Determinations (NCD) and global surgery
- Coding of surgical procedures performed by hematologists and oncologists and auxiliary staff such as chemotherapy administration, hydration services, therapeutic, prophylactic and diagnostic administration, bone marrow aspirations, bone marrow biopsies, venipuncture, vaccinations, therapeutic phlebotomy, etc.
- Medical terminology
- Anatomy and physiology
The Michigan Society of Hematology and Oncology continues to support the professional growth of its members in the reimbursement field by defraying some of the cost of this workshop and exam.
As this is a training course in preparation for the CHONC exam, no CEU's will be offered toward the CHONC certification. If you are attending the workshop and hold additional credentials through AAPC, please make MSHO aware as you may be eligible to receive credits towards other credentials such as CPC, etc.
Prior to registering, please click here to view additional course details and requirements.
CLICK HERE and Register Today!
* While MSHO encourages all billers to attend; this course has been designed for reimbursement specialists with sufficient experience and expertise in hematology and oncology. For more information on the CHONC exam and what will be covered, please click here.
For MSHO members who already hold the CHONC certification and are looking to attend the workshop as a refresher, please email MSHO at firstname.lastname@example.org.